Friday, February 5, 2016

Pure Dialogue: Pretty Boy


"Kind of a pretty boy, isn't he?"

"What? No, I just..."

"You just can't stop staring at him. You haven't moved from this spot in the last twenty minutes, and you stopped talking about five minutes ago. He is good looking, I suppose, just kind of.. pretty."

"Oh, Nat. I'm sorry. I've been listening, I really have. The new girl is totally hot and you're distracted at work and there's a chance your boss might have noticed."

"Well, you may have been listening, but your advice sucks. I'm not going to sleep with her any more than you're going to bang Mr Pretty Boy over there."

"You think I couldn't? I'm not good enough for him?"

"Ugh, don't be such a drama queen, Beth. Of course you're good enough. You're more than good enough, he'd be wrapped around your finger in no time. That's not the point."

"Then what is the point?"

"The point is, sleeping with Mr Pretty Boy won't get you where you want to go in life. It won't make you happy, it won't make you successful, it won't even make you feel better about yourself. Ditto Angie at my work. Well, except she might make me happy."

"Why are we still talking about this?"

"Because you're still staring, and he's coming over to talk. Hey, good luck. I'm gonna sneak off and get fresh drinks, ok?"

(Dialogue Prompt: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/323274079479137287/)

No comments:

Post a Comment